Golf has become cool for kids! That is great news for parents who are concerned about their kids’ captivation with the internet. Their faces are buried in smart phones and they spend most of their time indoors.
So many kids today are pale and overweight. Many are also lacking in social skills. Parents are concerned that many important skills are falling by the wayside.
Do you want your kids to stand out among their peers, be healthier, and develop sportsmanship?
If so, here are the top 10 reasons why you should teach your kids to golf.
- Great Exercise: You may not think about burning calories while golfing, but that is not the case. According to Golf Digest, when a golfer walks 18 holes, they burn over 1400 calories. Today many courses require golf carts. Even by taking a cart the average golfer will still burn over 800 calories.
- A Family Game: Golf is a great opportunity for the entire family to get together. Anybody can play.
- About Etiquette: Unlike any other sport, golf is a game of etiquette with a long history of tradition. Learning golf will teach your kids how to behave properly towards others and to practice truthfulness. Once they learn to value etiquette on the golf course, don’t be surprised when your kids practice it off the course.
- About Friendships: On the golf course, your kids will be interacting with other kids and adults. It won’t be long before your kids start referring to these people as “their friends,” and often relationships discovered on the golf course can last a lifetime.
- The Best Way to Build Character: Once your kids have improved their abilities, encourage them to participate in junior golf tournaments. Most golf clubs have a junior golf program. Tournaments will teach your kids to try harder to improve by competing against others. They will also learn the value of being a good winner and a good loser.
- Not About Size: Golf is a game of skill, not size. Look at the size of the best golfers in the world. Many are average size of smaller. Size and gender doesn’t matter. Your daughter can be just as good as or better than your son.
- A Bridge to a Collage Career: Every parents thinks if they teach their children to golf they will be the next Tiger Woods. This may be unrealistic. However – with dedication and hard work – golf may offer access to a college career that may have been otherwise unobtainable.
- About Dedication: To improve at golf, one needs to apply oneself. With professional instruction combined with dedication, your kids will be rewarded by seeing improvement in their game. The same dedication used off the course will bring real life rewards.
- Fun: Golf is a great way to be spending time with family and friends outdoors in a competitive environment. Your kids will soon learn they can have fun without an electronic device in their hands.
- Ageless: Unfortunately, all kids grow up and become old and eventually yours will also. The enjoyment you teach your kids while they are young can still be enjoyed when they are in their 50’s, 60’s and beyond.
To get your kids started the right way, contact PGA Director of Golf at Chimera Golf Club at 702 951-1500. Be sure to ask about junior rates for kids seventeen and under.